Thursday, October 11, 2012

Femme Noir Exhibition Catherine Asquith Gallery Melbourne

"Homecoming" 2012
Oil on linen
122x142cm



My latest work from the studio will be exhibited in a solo exhibition called "Femme Noir" at Catherine Asquith Gallery, Melbourne.  The show opens on the 16th October and closes November 3 2012.

Its has been a very hard yard this year to achieve this exhibition, from the moment I began to use local models on site in bars and nightclubs around Adelaide meant that my time from idea to completion of a painting has expanded about 10 fold. So I only have a handful of paintings to show for my hours that I've neglected my friends and family for all these months but I do feel like I have achieved something with the path of painting before me, lots to explore and an infinite number of models and situations to paint.

6 comments:

Pierre Raby said...

Dianne, this painting is exquisite. Love everything about it, the character and its hidden narrative, the different textures and motifs, the objects, the color palette...
Can't wait to discover the whole series! Good luck with the show!

This Painting Life said...

Thank you for taking the time to comment Pierre and for the exhibition well wishes.

Unknown said...

Wonderful sharing. I love your work.

Contemporary Artists

This Painting Life said...

Thanks Jose!

Teresa Elliott said...

Astonishing.

This Painting Life said...

Thanks Teresa!