Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kewpie Sparks



I've just had a lot of fun with some porcelain painting materials that I've never used before from a company called Pebeo. The paints take a bit of layering of thin coats and also allowing thorough drying times in between but what a fabulous idea!

Now, I didn't just wake up one morning and think, I'm going to paint on porcelain today and what do I use??! I was asked if I would paint a platter to be auctioned for great cause that helps brighten up the lives of sick children, The Starlight Foundation. I chose the Kewpie Doll with her little wand, sprinkling sparks around for good wishes as the theme...

2 comments:

A Reason to Paint said...

What a perfect choice Dianne; good on you for contributing such a lovely work to a great cause :)

Daniel Sanger said...

yeah agree - wonderful to donate to such a great cause..