Saturday, August 04, 2007

South Australian Living Artists Week 2007

South Australian Living Artists week is open for another year and for 2007 Jim & I have opened up our studio/gallery space and stockroom to the public for one weekend only. It is a good opportunity for people to come in and talk to us about our practice, what we are up to as we exhibit mainly in other states, so our collectors in South Australia rarely get to view our work.



I cleaned up my painting space for SALA week, you'll see works by other artists that I have in my collection, Stewart McFarlane, Reg Mobassa, Deb Paauwe as well as my cabinet containing objects that inspire me and have found their way to images for paintings. Its really nice and cosy in my space, I can close my door and feel really happy hiding away from the world...it is my small sanctuary where I can indulge myself and my thoughts, nobody can bother me, the mobile is off, and the landline is on answer machine...ahhh bliss!!!



Here are some pics of the main exhibiting space, showing the small works and my Koi Fish painting all framed up.



Also, here is a few of the salon hung stock room works that Jim and I have left from the last 7 years of painting...when I look at it, I've sold quite a lot of works and am pleased that this is all I have left barr a couple in dealers stockrooms. This means I need to paint some new works! But I knew that!!!!

3 comments:

A Reason to Paint said...

Wonderful to see these pics and enjoy a glimpse into your working space. It's generous of you to open up your studio and share a little of the world of an artist with others. I hope the weekend turns out to be as enjoyable to you as no doubt it will be for your visitors. I can't wait to hear how it went.

Daniel Sanger said...

These are truly magnificent - really positive and can't help but make one smile:)

This Painting Life said...

Thankyou Daniel....glad my work made you smile :)