Thursday, March 29, 2007

Been a bit quiet because...


I've got a lurgy...respiratory problems...all that turps gets to me about every 12 months...

Anyway, I'm working on a new body of work. I have been wanting to paint on a larger scale for sometime, as I really enjoy the physical act of painting. I have found much of my current subject matter just doesn't work on a larger scale and has had me thinking for at least 12 months now on how I might overcome this.

I'm really excited and trying out a couple of my ideas and entering them in art prizes and meanwhile stretching up a large series of works to paint in a coherant block. I'm also still painting some smaller works that make up a larger installation. Its all a lot of fun for me getting to explore new things.

Meanwhile, I've got three commissions to complete...

1 comment:

A Reason to Paint said...

I can relate to the lurgy problem :( I hope you are feeling better soon; sounds like you have a lot of exciting work ahead of you :)

Dianne I absolutely LOVE that painting, what size is it?