Monday, April 30, 2007

Work in Progress


I started this new work over the weekend and am going to post up a series of photographs in chronological sequence as I work through the painting to its finish.

The camera does this strange thing of looking through the paint when its thin, so there are some not quite right things happening in the photo, like it looks more transparent than it is...anyway you get the idea...

I've been wanting to paint fish for awhile now as I've had some weird experiences of fish watching me at the beach, in shallow ponds in Hawaii and other places and in the last couple of years I've been keeping fish for the first time in my life. I've always been a bird and dog person but now its fish too. I just love the little guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dianne, I look forward to seeing this painting evolve - looks like it's off to a lovely start...
James