Friday, May 11, 2007

Work in Progress #3



I've been having great fun throwing, splattering thick paint to build up the surface of the background of the painting to describe the sandy terrain. I have to let it dry and work over with some glazes, next step is to work the fish back as had to wipe them down from the paint splatter. This is because I didn't want them to be all bumpy from paint drips and not smooth and oily in appearance. Its always scary when you work through a painting, sometimes the stages look really ugly before you pull it together...but I know where I'm going and it all make sense in the end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne
It's looking good... I'm guessing you're painting this on a wooden panel, yeah? Or is it on linen/canvas?
James

This Painting Life said...

Thanks James, getting there...

I always paint on high quality Belgian linen, I love the feel of it against the brush, there is nothing quite like a nice tightly stretched canvas.

A Reason to Paint said...

Waiting for this latest instalment has been like waiting for my favorite art magazine to come out:)

Steph said...

I'm a total heathen and know nothing of art, so forgive my ignorance, but I liked it better at stage two.
The previous one just jumps out at me more.

I'll be leaving now ;)